Friday, November 18, 2011

Mom's Famous Sugar Cookies

Mom's Sugar Cookies



Growing up I wasn't one to be found inside cooking with my mother. I was always outside with my dad splitting wood, mowing the yard, or just messing around outside. However, this all changed when I left to go to college. I fell in love with a man, and I was told "The way to a mans heart is through his stomach". So I began to bake and cook, and found I really enjoyed it, and was actually pretty good at it. I will admit though it wasn't all easy as cake, it was a lot of trial and error.
However, there was one exception to being in the kitchen when I was younger. Every holiday the whole family would bake a batch of sugar cookies and decorate them. This is something I hope to continue with my family.

Mom's Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
One cup sugar
One stick of butter
8 oz cream cheese
One egg
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/4 cups of flour

Cream together one cup of sugar, one stick of butter (softened), and 8 0z of cream cheese (softened).

Add one egg until mixed well. Add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Gradually add 2 1/4 cups of flour.

Refrigerate for one to two hours until firm and easy to work with.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Add a small amount of flour to a piece of parchment paper. Coat rolling pin and cookie cutters in flour so they won't stick to the dough.

Roll dough out to a thickness of a 1/4 of an inch. Cut cookies out and place on a baking sheet.

Bake cookies at 350 for 7-10 minutes until the edges are slightly brown or the cookies feel puffy to touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment